Saturday 1 September 2018

Explore

Instagram has a feature called explore, a page which shows you suggested content based on things you’ve previously liked, searched for or that people you follow have liked.

Normally, my explore page is full of something to do with the korean entertainment industry, namely funny clips of SHINee, BTS and Super Junior, with a few other artists shown in on occasion.

However, you watch one video of a puppy dancing while getting a hair cut * and all of a sudden, half your explore page is of dog grooming videos. I don’t like dogs, and I don’t care for seeing them with or without a pair of scissors in their face.

You somehow get sucked into a series of food asmr videos one time, and then you are bombarded with people eating ice and aloe vera for weeks to come. I get some people find it relaxing or tingly or whatever, but I’m not going to lie, I watch these things unwillingly with morbid fascination. Like I can’t not look at it. Nobody wants to straight up bite off a chunk of aloe vera and eat it, and you can see that she finds it bloody disgusting too, but hey, each to their own. **

Give me back SHINee being dorks and kiss scenes from korean dramas.






*ok so I may have watched that one video like a thousand times, but it was cute, he was DANCING.

** there is a part of me that quite wants to start an asmr account where I eat squishy foods and they make crunching sounds and vice versa. Like I’m eating a doughnut and instead it sounds like I’m biting through a raw potato. I think that’d be funny. Plus I think asmr makes a lot of money. I’d like to get paid to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment