Wednesday 26 May 2010

NOT ABOUT CCS OR TSUBASA

... This post is lamenting the end of LOST.

I have been hooked on this show for 6 years. From September 2004 until Monday morning, I always knew that I had another episode to look forward to. This is no more.

I watched the very first episode eagerly after seeing the frankly amazing Channel 4 UK promo, where the characters were dancing amidst the wreckage of a plane on a beach. To begin with, I was just mildly intrigued. Then I saw Dominic Monaghan, with whom I had exercised a mild obsession with ever since Lord of the Rings, and I knew then that I wouldn't miss this show for the world.

The first two seasons were aired on terrestrial TV, and so I would watch each episode at least 4 times, taking full advantage of E4's First Look and +1. Then it went to Sky, and I discovered advert free Lost, which was even more amazing.

I dubbed myself a Lost Loser, and have stuck to that ever since. I enjoy Lost themed music more than current music. I read Lost reaction blogs. The numbers are etched into my head for all eternity. I even have two Lost related t-shirts, even if one now only says 'ost ser' as various letters have worn away. Even though it got very ridiculous towards the end, it has still remained my favourite TV show of all time, and I doubt that will change any time soon. I'm a firm believer that no matter how many times you see an episode of Lost, every single time you will find some new meaning, notice something you haven't noticed before. Also, retrospect will be an interesting point.

However, the finale was not as good as I had hoped. Yes it was sad, and yes, it tied up all the important loose ends nicely, but to me, it cant compare with the previous season finales. I felt sad, I hugged my pj's, I fangirled and reminisced over the characters who reappeared after having died a long time ago, but did I cry? Like properly tears-rolling-down-cheeks-and-sobbing-uncontrollably crying? No.

I wanted to mourn the end of my favourite TV show by being inconsolable for at least half an hour.

None the less, I look forward to buying the DVD box set and watching the whole series again and again. And again.

<3x

No comments:

Post a Comment