Sunday 20 March 2011

I'm a duffer ....

I think most people of my generation know what Hogwarts house they think they would be in. We have, after all, grown up with Harry Potter and know Hogwarts better than we would have ever known our own schools. After all, even though we spend 5 years in a secondary school here in the muggle world, we have lived in Hogwarts for what equates to 15 years now, from when the first book was published to when the last film premieres.

Obviously, to begin with, I was sure I would have been a Griffindor. In the first few books there were only really two houses that we knew about, and unless you were evil, you were a Griffindor. Then slowly we learnt more about the other houses, and I decided I would be a Ravenclaw, and that is the opinion I have been for the majority of my Harry Potter experience.

However, I have recently been listening to the Ministry of Magic's 'House Song' a lot lately, and this has caused me to reevaluate my opinions.

I know I'm not a Slytherin, of that much I am certain. I don't value myself enough for that, nor do I have enough ambition. I'm so far from being rich and full of my self that its not even funny, and I'm pretty sure even a marshmallow would be more cunning.

I wonder whether I lack the pride to be in Griffindor. I can't really consider myself as a brave person, and while I may appreciate the Griffindor themes chivalry and courage, you need a certain degree of confidence, which I don't have. I'm also not good enough at sports.

In terms of Ravenclaw, as much as I love reading and learning, I fear I am far less clever than I used to be. I suspect I would be sleeping in the corridor a fair amount as I wouldn't be able to work out the password riddles to get in to Ravenclaw Tower. I do believe myself to be rather witty though, I'm just not stuck up enough about it to be of Ravenclaw levels.

Which leads me to Hufflepuff. Hufflepuffs are loyal, valuing their friendships more than themselves. I am loyal, and I value my friends and family more than anything. They are patient and hardworking. I can be patient and I can be extremely hardworking, as long as I have the motivation to get me started. A Hufflepuff is laid back, modest and doesn't make any enemies. This is true of me as well.

So .... I think I may be a Hufflepuff.

There are literally hundreds of sorting hats online. I'm going to do the first three I find on google and we'll see what I get.

1) THE ALMIGHTY GURU - Hufflepuff

2) PERSONALITY LAB - Hufflepuff

3) SORTING HAT - Ravenclaw


Looks like I'm a Hufflepuff then.

To be honest, I'll probably discount the last one, as it was obvious questions like 'Whats your favourite colour? Gold, Silver, Bronze or Black' so that you could answer for whatever house you wanted. The personality lab one was good, as it gave you a breakdown of how like each house you are, not just a straightforward 'this one' answer, which is useful, as after all, we all know that your choices also determine what house you are in, not just your traits and personality.

I know the people who read this never comment, but I'm curious, what house do you think you would be in and where do the above quizzes actually sort you?

<3 x

2 comments:

  1. OK well I have never thought about which house I should be in I have only ever thought bout the houses I WANT to be in, which of course were either GRYFFINDOR or RAVENCLAW.

    So I did all three of the sorting hats you did and they all said that I am a ...

    HUFFLEPUFF

    so we'd be in the same house :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella-chan and Robinson have both just done the first one and both came out HUFFLEPUFF! We'd all be in the same house!

    ReplyDelete