Saturday 5 March 2016

Slimming World - Week One

Result: 1.5lb loss

So, first week of slimming world done and dusted. And no, it wasn't so bad. But did I stay on plan and follow it to the letter? God no. I'd had half a Pizza Hut cheesy bites pizza a little over 24 hours after joining up. 

To be honest, that really sums up my experience of my first week of slimming world, I either was very good or very bad. There was no in between, no just going a little over my syns, it was either be right on target or majorly over. 

For the most part, once you get your head around the complexities of the plan, it's easy enough to follow. Eat the free food freely, measure out your healthy extras and count everything else as syns. 

However, as a vegetarian who can't eat quorn, I feel like the plan severely limits my protein intake. Protein is important, both nutritionally but also to aid weight loss. But on this plan, my syn free protein is very much limited to fat free dairy products such as cottage cheese, eggs and pulses. I have to syn the meat substitutes I can eat, namely the Linda McCartney products. I asked my consultant if I could have protein powder as a supplement, and she informed me that just one scoop of soy protein would cost me a massive 6 syns. When you factor in that I should be having a least two a day, it gets ridiculous. Sure, meat eaters can eat as much bacon as they want, but I am forced to limit my main source of protein.

Having said this, I still have faith in the plan. I intend to do much better this week, especially over the weekend and during the week. I'm not too worried about being 100% slimming world goddess right after the weigh in day, which for me is a Thursday, so I went out for dinner on Thursday and Friday evening and didn't worry about staying on plan. But from now on, I'm going to try much harder. I'm even contemplating trying the SP plan from Monday, along with going to the gym to help boost my results.

 I guess we'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment