Thursday 28 July 2011

Bored at work - I know, I'll blog!

I am currently in the midst of my annual two week holiday cover at the office.

I am on my own. No-one comes in. No-one calls. I haven't even seen the postman since Saturday.

As such, I am bored, and thus, today you get a post that is in no way related to Japanese dramas, Korean Pop, Manga or any of the other Asian related shit I seem to spout relentlessly. Instead, lucky reader, you get a post with no direction that exists purely as something to do for the last 45 minutes of my day.

What scares me most about this job is how easily I have settled in to a routine. Walk in. Turn off alarm. Turn on lights. Read the paper (every single article other than sports). Go on eBay. Lunch. Sew in the back office until I get bored. Go on eBay. Go home.

Sounds thrilling, doesn't it?

On the plus side though, at least I am getting paid to do the work that I am doing voluntarily. If that makes sense. I am doing my costume work which is unpaid in the time I have free in my paid job, which is basically the entire day.

I'm very silently stressing out about these costumes. I can't deny that it's doing wonders for my eBay feedback. However, the real cost breakdown and the one I'm going to give in are two very different things. I'm buying a lot for myself with the intention of letting the cast wear them first, which isn't a particularly good way to save money.

Personally, that is. Professionally, its is a very effective way to save money.

My list of things to buy is almost empty, although my list of things to make is considerably larger now. At the end of the day, it is cheaper for me to make things with what I already have than it is to buy what I need.

On paper, that is. In reality, it is probably more expensive.

I had to pay for all those things once. All those steel bones, buckles, various fabrics. Really, I should charge for it all, but seeing as the budget is less than 10% of what it should be, its not really feasible to do this.

I am scared shitless that I'm not going to finish everything on time, or even if I did, that they hated it all. I may not be getting anything out of this shoot other than the experience, so I shouldn't care as much as I do, but I just hate the thought of being a disappointment.

Any way, in other news, Rachey has finally moved in to her house! There is a lot of work to do to make it their own, as right now, cosmetically at least, it is very much still the home of an old lonely man. I really want to help them do the whole place up, and while I know I would always be welcome, I also know that they are unlikely to ask me around to help them with every little detail. I've been round the past two nights, Tuesday to look at it, yesterday to share my opinion on the curtains and paint swatches, and I'm going again this evening to take up the afore-mentioned curtains. I just want to play house, I guess.

I'm hungry. That's the problem with being on a diet and being stuck in an office with no food. It may mean I cant snack, but I get to just before lunch time and home time and I get far too tempted to make a detour to Sainsburies on the way home. Or to consume to entire pack of cookies that are hidden in my glove box to stop me eating them without Inki.

God, now I just want cookies. This has happened before. Last time I blogged about how hungry I was, Chocolate Heartattck was born. God, now I want Heartattack.

I might just go stare at traffic for the last 10 minutes before I get too carried away.

<3 x

Drama: Gokusen II ep 7, maybe
Manga: Hana Kimi 50 / Darling wotsit 27 or something

No comments:

Post a Comment