Monday 4 July 2011

Naega Chae Chalaga

I find Kpop so oddly addictive.

I'll be honest, I think 'Perfection' by SJM is probably the only song I actually liked upon first hearing it. Everything else has just grown and grown on me until I became ridiculously addicted.

'Lucifer' by SHINee was a prime example. Remember when I first posted about it? On April 10th 2011? (that post took forever to find)

'I didn't even like it that much when I first heard it, but ... now I cant stop playing it.'

SO YEAH, I think Asian music is like a virus. Or a plant. Plant is a nicer metaphor.

Somehow, a seed (read: a single music video) gets planted (read: found randomly on YouTube), and next thing you know, you've got a sea of dandelions (read: entire discographies) overtaking your field (read: iTunes /LIFE).

The latest song to have done this to me is 2NE1's 'I am the Best'.


First time I heard it, I wasn't much impressed. It just sounded too Gaga-esque.

But now, I keep going back to it. It is stuck in my head almost constantly.

I think I'm going to have to download the album.

My sparked interest in 2NE1 lead me to look more into their label mate, BIGBANG.


Now, I keep listening to their songs, especially 'Love Song', which is quite frankly a pretty amazing piece of Cinematography as well as stupidly catchy.

I think I'm going to have to download their album too.

Do you see how much of a vicious circle this is? Even though I had heard of these two bands before, they hadn't got me hooked until I saw the video of ONE SONG. That's all it takes.

Super Junior put me on to SMTown, and now 2NE1 is leading me into the YG Family.

<3 x

Drama: Liar Game II 5
Manga: Hana Kimi 50* / Darling wa Namamono ni Tsuki 17

* I seem to have got in to the habit of reading two chapters of Hana Kimi, read a whole new manga.

No comments:

Post a Comment