Thursday 16 September 2010

A wee rant about the NHS and needles...

Today, I had to go have a blood test.

'OK, what of it?' you may be thinking. Well, I don't handle needles well. Plain and simple. I mean, I am better than I used to be, but I still struggle a lot and don't like them in the slightest.

So, I rocked up to my medical centre, having barely slept and dreamt during that little time about having needles thrust into the inside of my elbow, and after a short wait, went into the room and told the nurse I was feeling nervous. She tried to distract me by keeping me talking, but then every time my mind was diverted from the needle being thrust into my arm, she would bring my attention right back by telling me how well I was doing. I know she was just trying to be reassuring and supportive, but it did seem a bit pointless.

Lets say, hypothetically, after the nurse couldn't get any blood out of one arm, she decided to go for the other, but then the patient started to feel woozy and hot and everything went black and she had to lie down. Fine, nothing to say about that. But then, when the patient had started to feel better and the nurse had eventually managed to get the blood she needed, she sent the patient right home, without making her sit for a few minutes to make sure the wooziness and blackness didn't come back. Just seems a bit mean, really. Hypothetically, of course.

So anyway, now I have two pin-pricks on each arm, and the insides of my knees feel as weird as the insides of my elbows, which I am well aware is all in my head, but odd none the less.

'Happy Birthday' goes out to my two favourite (read: two only) readers, Elle and Inki. Hope you both had fantastic days!

<3 x

Manga: 32 (Kaichou Wa Maid-sama ch 18)
Last Google Search: Cygnett iPhone cover (on account of Rachey dropping and breaking mine when bringing me soup XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment