Monday 3 January 2011

41 Titles in 9 Months

In my last post, I mentioned how I felt that my Manga/Anime obsession was fading fast, so I thought I would look back over the past 9 months at what I have read/watched, and sum up my opinions.

Yes, I realise nobody gives a crap but me, but this is my blog so deal with it.

CARDCAPTOR SAKURA (Manga.Anime) The one that started it all. I still adore it.
TSUBASA RESERVOIR CHRONICLE (M.A) Hooked from the first scene. Got really confusing though. Team Shaoran!
xxxHOLIC (M*.A) I enjoyed the manga more than the anime for the Tsubasa references, but the soundtrack <3
CHOBITS (M.A) It was alright, the anime bored me though.
VAMPIRE KNIGHT (M*.A) Love it, love it, love it. Still get excited when new chapters come out, but I prefer the earlier stuff. I want Kaname and Zero.
BLOODY KISS (M) Short but sweet.
KARIN (M) Not hot enough after Vampire Knight, and I wasn't a fan of the art, but I still enjoyed.
HANA TO AKUMA (M) Awwwww. I loved this, but the end actually broke my heart.
SHINIGAMI LOVERS (M) Meh. Didn't like the girl.
DENGEKI DAISY (M*) This is awesome. Reading new chapters right now :D I want Kurosaki.
MIDNIGHT SECRETARY (M) Meh.
BLACK BIRD (M*) LOVE! Have read twice. I want Kyo.
LOVE MONSTER (M) Love! Have read twice. I want Kurou Tenma, but not as much as Kyo.
YOKUJO CLIMAX (M) Love! Have read twice. I like the girls character.
LOVE CELEB (M) I liked Gin as a character a lot. The girl annoyed me.
MOE KARE (M) Cute, but the characters looked too young to be doing what they were doing....
SENNEN NO YUKI (M) Lovely story, but was not impressed with the art.
HAPI MARI (M*) I liked this a lot, but its not released often enough.
REN-AI SHIJOU SHUGI (M) It amused me greatly. And made me want to learn karate.
SUKI-TTE LI NA YO (M*) Sweet, but I find it slow.
BEAST MASTER (M) I have nothing to say about this one, it was OK.
KYOUSOU HEAVEN (M) I enjoyed, and will probably re-read.
AKUMA NO EROS (M) I enjoyed, but wouldn't re-read.
REIMEI NO ARCARNA (M*) Predictable, but enjoyable. The setting reminded me of Tsubasa a bit.
HONEY X HONEY DROPS (M*.A) Manga was awesome, anime sucked.
HAOU AIREN (M) I cried like a baby at the end.
MITSUIRO DEVIL (M) Ummmm... I cant remember what this was about.
MIDNIGHT CHILDREN (M*) I don't remember much about this one either.
ASURA (M*) This had such promise, but disappeared after like 2 chapters
KAIKAN PHRASE (M) Good, but didn't hold me consistently.
KISS X SIS (M*.A) I'm too western for this. The twin sisters are in love with their step brother. Yeah.
FUTARI ECCHI (M) Bored me and didn't like the art.
KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA (M*.A) Love this so much. I want Usui Takumi.
MOTTO OSHIETE (M) Didnt stand out. From a selection of shorts with the next few, I think.
SHOUNEN NO SUSUME (M) I haven't a clue what this was.
MIDARA NA SENRITSU, HIWAI NA YULOSAKI (M) That's a long name.
KIMI SAE MO AI NO KISARI (M) Ummm.
FASTER THAN A KISS (M*) Soooo cute ... if not a bit wrong. I mean, she's married to her teacher.
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB (A) Easy watching but didn't really hook me.
WATASHI NI XX SHINASAI (M*) Ok, not a fan of the art though.
SHINOBI LIFE (M*) If I ever finish it, I'll let you know...

* = ongoing.

I guess what I have realised from writing this post is that the manga/animes that I have enjoyed the most are the ones where I fell in love a little bit with the main character. The Japanese just portray their male heroes to be so ... cool. I literally have no other way to describe it. I wish real guys were like that. Sigh.

<3 x

Films: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment