Tuesday 11 January 2011

Like totally, Dude

I have been trying to find something worthwhile to blog about all week, and coming up completely blank, but this evening, I was watching a TV Documentary which really rang true to me, and I could identify myself within the subjects.

Disturbingly, this documentary was on the effects of drugs, and I found myself comparable to the people who were stoned.

People have always told me I see the world out of different eyes, which I have always discounted to some extent as I am sure everyone sees the world slightly differently. I have on occasion surprised people by being stone cold sober when they believed me to be drunk, having to explain that I'm just like this naturally as alcohol does very little to me except make me sick. I know I'm immature and a dork, and I am fully aware I am not like normal people my age, preferring sit at home, go exploring or bake cakes instead of getting drunk.

On the documentary, a group of stoned teenagers were wandering around a wood. My mother turned to me and said 'This is why you shouldn't go walking in woods!', and I realised that these kids were doing what my friends and I have done so many times before just for the sake of it, but the documentary was putting it down to them being high. They liked the sun rays through the trees because they were stoned. They went off the paths and through the bushes because of the drugs. They became paranoid that someone was following them because they were high.

In another study, a man was asked a series of questions, and the documentary put him getting the Prime Minister wrong down to the joint he had just smoked. I'd had to ask my parents just the other day who the PM was because I couldn't remember.

So, from this we can draw one of two conclusions:

1) Their argument is flawed; they were simply blaming the effect of drugs on completely normal things. Some people like walking in woods and noticing the sun rays, exploring off the beaten track. Some times strange men wearing anoraks following closely behind you when you don't realise deserve suspicion. Some people are either naturally stupid and/or pay little attention to politics, especially when the PM seems to change every year, so its only to be expected that it could cause confusion.

or

2) I, and indeed my friends too, are constantly stoned. Whether we are being slipped weed unknowingly, or our brains are just broken remains to be seen.

To be honest, I'm going for the broken brain thing.

<3 x

Films: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment