Wednesday 20 March 2013

Exhausting

Right. This is how I combat sleep posting. Blogging on my laptop rather than on my iPhone after I have turned the light out and laid down. Because its embarrassing when you can literally see the point at which I fell asleep.

My car is all fixed. They tried to find my water leak too, but couldn't, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm not totally convinced I have one, but my water does go and if its not coming out outside then it must be leaking on the inside.

Garages are horrible places for women. I hate how I have to take my dad to drive me back, but they direct everything at him because he is the man and therefore knows what they are saying. Not that he helps matters. The guy was talking about his new car and my dad turned to me and said 'Do you know what a Subaru is?' Prick. I glared, said yes, and tried not to say its a car for men with small dicks, because the guy was actually really nice, checking leaks and tyres when he only had to fix the exhaust. It's just such a male dominated environment, and men will use their familiarity to make women feel inferior and themselves look big in front of the other men.

It's times like this that I really want to become a mechanic just so I can shock them all when I'm better at cars than them.

This isn't so much a dig at garages than it is a dig at my father for being a chauvinistic prat. In a garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment