Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentines Day Sucks

When I was single, I didn't much care for valentines day. 

Now I'm in a relationship, I still don't care much for valentines day. 

My social networks are full of people being all couply and PDA-ish, and it's sickening. There is heart shaped chocolate and stuffed toys holding hearts everywhere you turn. Flowers are suddenly right in front as you walk into the supermarket, so much so that you have to practically wade through them just to get that one bottle of milk you nipped in for. 

No, I'm not bitter because I haven't been showered with chocolate and cuddly toys and flowers, and posted pics of it all with me kissing my boyfriend on Facebook, twitter, Instagram and everywhere else. To be totally honest, I would be a little bit disappointed in him if he did do any of that stereotypical lovey dovey stuff. Especially the cuddly toys. It's enough to make you vomit. 

Wouldn't complain at the discount stuff the day after though. Flowers and chocolate. Not roses though. That's too cliche.

I wasn't feeling like this earlier. Things just keep building up until they get to a breaking point and you wish that everyone would stop shoving this Hallmark holiday down your throat. It should be like any other saints day, a small deal made by relevant shops so that you know it's coming, but not enough so that you can't go anywhere without having to pick heart shaped confetti out of your hair. 

This turned into more of a rant than I intended. 

Tl:dr version - people should stop being so revoltingly loved up just because a marketing campaign told you to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment