Monday 9 July 2018

Unfinished

I just logged into Viki with the seed of an idea to start rewatching Decendants of the Sun, but then I discovered that I was half way through an episode of Six Flying Dragons. I haven’t watched it for weeks and I have no idea what was going on. So now I feel a bit of a commitment to watch that rather than restarting on DotS.

I went to an abbey today. It was nothing like Redwall. In more than the obvious sense - clearly there were no talking mice monks and warrior badgers, but just the layout of it. I guess I always had such a clear image of how an abbey should look without having any real life reference.

I used to adore the redwall books. I’d read through the series and go straight back to the first one to start again as soon as I’d finished the last. I still have them all, proudly displayed in my bookcase. Part of me would really love to read them again, but another part of me doesn’t want to kill the childhood love of the series by reading it as an adult. Plus, I’m missing the final two or three books, which I have never got as they changed the design and that bothered me.

I titled this post before writing it, based on not finishing the Dragons episode, but now it seems more relevant than I had intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment