Sunday 21 February 2010

Resolutions

You may remember a few posts ago I told you about how I always have to have a 'to do' list. Well, I do, and this time I have decided I need to share it in the hope it will inspire me to actually achieve my aims, rather than keep putting them off until the next day, which is what I have been doing a lot lately.

I know what you are thinking. There is probably only one person, beside me, who reads this, so its not like I'm really sharing it with the world.

However, I am remembering how posting my word count on the Nanowrimo site kept me going through November, even though I knew that no one even knew I was doing it and I didn't really have any pressure, apart from what I had placed on myself, to complete it. I call it the Nano Effect. Therefore, I am hoping this will keep me going in this case.

So, here goes.

1) MUST STOP SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY.
The only money I have coming in at the moment goes to paying the rent. Everything else I spend is coming straight from my account, which is already overdrawn by a considerable amount. To be frank, I need as much money as possible if I have to go to Leeds for this job. Therefore, all unnecessary spending stops here.

2) DETOX.
This sort of overlaps with the previous point. I have eaten an extraordinary amount of crap over the past week or so. I had been slowly but consistently heading toward my ideal weight, but now I see the scales rising back up again, and this is not a good thing. Hopefully, the 'not spending so much money' thing will stop me buying the obscene amount of crap I have been doing. Therefore, from now, I will drink a hell of a lot more water, and eat more fruit and vegetables.

3) MAKE MONEY.
I have had numerous ways of doing this planned out for a few months now, but have yet to put them in place. Firstly, I will get selling on eBay. Secondly, I will talk through the National Lottery plan with my friends, and get started on that (this does not affect the 'stop spending so much money' plan, as 25p a week is hardly breaking the bank ... well, yet). Thirdly, I will complete online surveys, and while I hear this is very dull, its not like I have much else to do. I have other plans too, but I'm going to see how these roll out first.

4) STOP WASTING MY DAYS.
Plain and simple. I will get up earlier, be more productive, and spend less time constantly refreshing the same sites again and again. I have a lot of things I want to do other than the above, such as the preparation for Primary Faction, and to finish my book, which if I was less lazy and more productive, I would be able to achieve.

I think that's it. WISH ME LUCK.

EDIT: Day 1 did not go well ... I didnt get up earlier, I didnt drink more water or eat healthier, and I didnt start my money making plans. Instead, I slept in, baked a cake, and did nothing productive. I suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment