Saturday 13 February 2010

*SIGH*

I was bitten by the travelling bug in the summer of 2008.

And I mean the real travelling bug, the one where you see the sights, experience the history and the culture, go beyond the beaten path, away from the beaches and bustling tourists etc etc.

Money (or rather lack of) kills the travelling bug. Dead.

It started off as wishing. I always wanted to go to so many places, but never really thought I would ever manage to get there.

Money, lack of maturity and life experience, lack of a suitable travelling partner, and fear of going solo stopped me from really looking into what I could experience, of where legitimately I could go.

As far as I was concerned, I would finish school, go to college, finish college, go to uni, finish uni, live happily ever after. I was happy with whatever holidays I got, honestly appreciating every one, and having never been further than a three hour flight away from England, I wasn't really aware of what I was missing. I can count the countries I have been to on one hand.

Hell, I can probably count the number of planes I have been on on two.

I am glad though, that I have got to know my own country before exploring someone else's.

Then there was Egypt.

This remains the most prominent and highest priority of my 'need to go to NOW or I will die' location list. But now, it has expanded to Italy, Jordon, Australia, New Zealand and South America to name but a few.

So today has been spent looking at the amazing tours on some very inspiring sites, and feeling pretty darn crappy that I have no money.

Some day. Some day.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment