Friday 19 November 2010

DANG IT, I WILL DO THIS

Right now, and I mean, like RIGHT NOW, I'm having a little bit of a silent freak out. I know what the reason for this is, and I am also well aware of how irrational it is, but hey, I'm a girl and God knows how irrational freak outs are what girls do best. It doesn't help that I'm sat on my own, watching the time tick away until I can go home and do everything I have to do before heading towards what the freak out is all about.

That's enough waffling trying to set the scene for the state of my mind right now. Now to the real point of this blog post.

On November 1st, I started Nanowrimo with high hopes. Then, a measly 2318 words later, work got in the way and I gave up, telling myself that I would catch up after the shoot and all would be well. Then work finished and I couldn't be bothered, preferring to spend my newly reclaimed free time sleeping and watching Vampire Diaries, and I completely put Nanowrimo out of my head.

Until now.

Like, literally just now.

While bored at the office, with dodgy Internet and having finished reading the latest House of Night book, I thought I would go on to the website to see how far behind I was.

Ideally, I should be just over 31000 words at this point in the month.

I'm on 2300.

'Ha,' I thought to myself. 'Not a chance!'

Then I looked down at the stats thing, which told me I needed to write 4335 words a day to complete on time.

'Thats not so bad,' I said, continuing my conversation with myself. 'I wrote 5000 words on the 31st last November with no sweat.'

So, on a little piece of paper, I wrote out all the days left of the month, and assuming I managed to write 5000 words a day, I figured I would finish the month with 62,300 words. I recalculated with 4,500 words a day, and came to 56,300 words. Out of curiosity, I worked out 4000 words and realised that somehow, I could still successfully complete nanowrimo this year despite what the stats on the site had told me.

Yes, this is how I do maths.

SO, STARTING TOMORROW, 4000 WORDS A DAY AND I WILL COMPLETE NANOWRIMO 2010!


<3 x


manga / anime: don't exist until December

No comments:

Post a Comment