Sunday 14 November 2010

Sports

My parents were watching the Grand Prix today, and while I stared unseeingly towards the screen, I got to thinking about how boring watching all sports is. Let me break it down for you.

Motor Racing - In all its various forms, it is basically just watching a load of cars/bikes/whatever drive round in circles. Sometimes one will take over another, or there will be a crash. If I wanted to see this I could just go look at any road, specifically a motorway to fully replicate the speed and likelihood of crash fatalities.

Football - A load of blokes running from one side of a field to the other. Then back again. Repeat forever, or however long a football game lasts for these days.

Rugby - See above, but with more distinct gay tendencies. I mean, come on, these guys run around trying to hug each other. Its quite sweet really, and I imagine would be a lot less painful if they weren't so eager to do so at speed.

Cricket - I cant honestly say whether I have ever watched this sport or not. It was clearly so boring if I have that I have completely wiped it from my memory. Men whacking balls with big bats? My sadistic side finds the thought highly amusing.


OK so while 'watching' the Grand Prix, this blog post seemed a hell of a lot longer and far more amusingly analytical. Having now written it, I am seeing that what I think in my head and how I manage to express it are two very different things.

In other news (whenever I write this I always feel like a news reader), the shoot has finished. The stress was stressful, but generally it was really good. I want to do another shoot and see how I cope with that before I make a full decision on what I want to do with my career. Hopefully I made a good impression, and I was told that I did. I practically managed all the costume department on my own, the only thing that I didn't have full control of was the design, but knowing that the production designer prefers sets and has no real interest in costume, maybe next time she'll give me more creative input. Its funny, as I have always said that I have no interest in designing, but I couldn't help thinking throughout what I would have done differently and how I would do things next time, so maybe I need to reconsider a bit.

Anyway, enough waffling.

<3 x

Anime / Manga: Ouran ep 23 / Watashi ni xx shinasai ch 14

No comments:

Post a Comment