Tuesday 19 January 2010

I Like People

Am I the only person in retail who LIKES the customers?? Hmmm, I think I probably am.

You hear all these horror stories of the customers from hell, who scream and shout and are super rude and whatnot, but I have worked in one shop or another for the majority of my working life and NEVER HAD A BAD CUSTOMER.

OK sure, you get the weird ones, and the ones who aren't very polite, or a bit too polite, but that's just society in general I guess.

The reason I say all this, I hear you ask (well, at least I do in my head ...) is that today, at work, it was ... well alright. Which is a first. I mean, I'm leaving to get away from the place as soon as possible, and today has been the first day of 3 months or whatever where I haven't absolutely despised it.

Today I was just talking to the customers, I barely had to talk to anyone else that worked there (which is a very good thing), and as a result, I did my job well. Which is a very good feeling as I normally just fluff my way through work in this place, and I like being good at what I'm doing.

People are nice when you are nice to them, and I like being nice.

The point then of this post is that I like people. Here is to betting next post will be about a bad customer and how much I hate people.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment