Monday 25 January 2010

Job ...ful?

New design. You like?

About six months or so ago, I heard about a new fledgling idea for a TV show due to my YouTube obsession, and was mildly interested, thinking how awesome it would be to get involved. I immediately dismissed the idea as I decided it just would never happen, even if I had finished Uni by the time it got underway. None the less, I followed the progress of said TV show with interest.

However, when I had handed in my notice last week, I decided 'what the hell' and sent my CV to the email address I found on their Facebook page. A few days later, I got an email back telling me my CV was impressive (that's just name dropping BEING HUMAN, but hey, I'm not complaining) and to get in contact with the costume designer. This I did, and he basically told me I am just what he needs!

THIS IS VERY EXCITING! I'm hoping its going to be like a springboard, so hopefully more work will come from it etc.

I was dancing around the room for like an hour, only just resisting the urge to call Inki to scream as I was afraid of her phone going off half way through the funeral, and I don't think that would have been good.

In other news, I was at Elle's house and we were looking through all these old books, and in one of them was this old napkin thing. It was like a dedication to people who died in a mining accident in Hamstead in 1908, and something about it rang a bell that i was connected somehow. I told Elle as much, and as I was saying it, I looked down at the lists of names and saw my surname! It was very weird, and a bit of a mind freak.

The next day, which was yesterday, I asked my dad, but he knew nothing about it. My mum then told me that someone in her family had died in a mining accident around the turn of the century (from going back to check why a charge hadn't gone off, I mean, come on, what do you expect? My mum's side is supposed to be the intelligent ones as well) so clearly that's why it seemed familiar, but no real connection.

I guess I just have a common surname, but it would have been cool. I'm going to ask around the rest of the family anyway, just in case. The story was tragic, especially as the accident happened on my Dad's birthday, but the man with my surname's body wasn't found until a week later, which is my sister's birthday.

Weird, huh?

Okay, another epic long post. That's enough now.

I'm going to watch the Gilmore Girls.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment