Tuesday 6 February 2018

I Will Do Better

I haven't done very well with posting in the past few days. I've thought of things to write about every single day, but for some reason, rather than writing a post when I think about it, I wait until right before I go to sleep, and by then I'm so tired that I just fall asleep instead. I'll try to remember to post earlier from now on. After all, there is nothing to say I have to blog from my bed while half asleep, although the sleep posts of 2012 always did amuse me.

I just weighed myself. I haven't for months, and as much as I knew that I'd have put on weight, it was still a rather unpleasant surprise to see the numbers on the scale reach that high. I need to do something about it, to stop talking about it and actually do it. 15 minutes a day or something. Maybe rather than giving up something for lent, I should take something up. I had wondered about giving up animal products and going plant based.  Although, being an atheist I don't really know why I should do anything for lent really.

In other news, I signed up to eharmony. So far I'm not too impressed, but that's because I hate online dating and have unrealistic expectations. We'll see what happens. I've yet to decide if the best method is to politely respond to everyone that approaches me, or to only respond to those I'm interested in knowing more about. On the one hand the latter seems somewhat heartless, but the former runs the risk of leading people on, and I can't help but think that's worse.

What else can I update you on? I paid for Viki too. I couldn't stand having to wait for the last couple of episodes of I'm Not A Robot, plus it's actually so much nicer not having adverts every 9 minutes. On a good day that would be an extra 2 minutes to an episodes run time, but it could also add as much as 7 minutes, and that's if you don't want to go back more than a few seconds, because rewinding triggers more adverts too, so you actually could be watching 10 minutes of adverts in one single episode. Which probably wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all the same advert. It was just wasting time. If I watch two dramas a month at 16 episodes each, with an average of 5 minutes of adverts per episode, that's 160 minutes spent watching adverts a month. Membership is £3.34 a month, so that's 2p per minute, which is £1.20 an hour. That's not even minimum wage, so I'd actually be saving money if I joined up. I've spent a lot of time justifying this in my head, you may be able to tell. My point is it's worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment