Sunday 11 February 2018

Why I don't drink caffeine

This evening, a couple of my girl friends came round for dinner. We sat at the dining table and everything. They brought Pepsi max, and I had half a glass. Now it's one in the morning and I'm sat in bed wide awake.

I'm not used to caffeine anymore. I gave it up a few years ago (it's documented on this blog somewhere) and it was horrible. The headaches. The tiredness. The general feeling like crap. Then I started Slimmimg World, and for some reason, it being free meant that I should have cola again, and so it crept back into my life. I came back to my senses when the tunnel vision started to return, and now normally stay away. Tonight was a mixture of laziness because I couldn't be bothered to get anything else, and wanting to belong because that's what the others were drinking.

It is not worth it. I'm now wide awake but my mind is tired, and I have a headache. Urgh.

In slightly related news, I think I'm addicted to Korean skincare. I've joked before, but now I'm really starting to wonder. You know when you order something on amazon and it'll tell you "spend £* to qualify for free delivery"? I always use that as an excuse to buy something under the pretence that I'm saving money. I'm not. Delivery will normally be a couple of pounds, and the products are rarely under £15. I'm supposed to be counting the pennies, and instead I'm ordering essences all over the place. I have one due to arrive tomorrow, which was making up the total on my nieces birthday presents, but I still ordered another one this evening to make up the cost of some more Mediheal sheet masks. So I have the Mizon Watery First Essence and the Benton Snail Bee Essence on the way, both of which I'm very excited by. Now I just need CosRX on amazon ...

Ever since I finished the green Mediheal masks, I can feel my skin getting worse, bubbling up under the surface. In all fairness, it could still be the Nature Republic Snail essence, as I finished that at around the same time, but seeing as I can get the masks in the UK for about £15-17, and the essence is only from Korea and last time cost me about £25 plus a £12 customs charge (!!!), I figure I'll try the sheet masks again first. I did love the Nature Republic snail essence though ... sigh. I was trying the orange Vita lightbeam masks, but I'm not loving those as much as the green healing ones. The serum is slightly thicker and more sticky, but I think pairing them up and alternating with the healing ones might work well. Prevent and heal break outs and then fade discolouration.

Right, I should stop typing now and distract my heavily caffeinated brain with drama instead. I've just started Just Between Lovers and so far I'm loving it. It's beautifully shot. Plus 2pm's Junho is the perfect mix of kind hearted bad boy.

I just wish dramas didn't have such lovey dovey titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment