Friday 23 February 2018

Amazon is expensive

You know what’s crazy? That I’m willing to pay £25 for skin care if it’s from Korea, but turn my nose up at Simple unless it’s on offer. You know what’s even more crazy? The price difference in the same Korean beauty products.

In my last Amazon shop, I decided to finally take the plunge and fork out for the Benton Snail Bee Essence. Then, literally days later, I found it on Yesstyle for literally half the price. Sure, I get that Yesstyle isn’t exactly located in the UK and I was very much going for UK based sellers on Amazon, but still, that’s a crazy price drop.

I then decided to look for the Neogen Bio Peel Gauze Pads, and found them to be cheaper on Amazon. There wasn’t much difference in the Nature Republic Snail Essence, but the Klairs Vitamin C Drop, a product I really want to try, is well over double the price on Amazon as it is on Yesstyle, as is the Heimish All Clean Balm.

I very much looked to Amazon as a really exciting way to get my Korean skincare hit, but actually I’ve been spending far more than I should, purely for the privilege of speedy delivery. Sometimes, the products I wanted didn’t even ship from the UK, so if I was having them delivered from Korea anyway, why not look elsewhere?

I used to like Yesstyle, I have brought a fair amount from there in the past, back in the days when you had to spend £90 to meet the delivery threshold, but now it’s only £25. I just had this connection in my head that Yesstyle was clothes, even though I knew they did beauty too. I even brought a load of BB creams from there. There are other options too, I follow Wishtrend on YouTube but have yet to explore their delivery system as I think it’s slightly more complex than normal. While researching for this post, I came across a website called Beauty and Seoul which I’m very excited about as a UK based business that seem competitively priced. Their website is actually really nice, with individual recommendations from the sites founder  and a how to use section on each product. They don’t have the a huge collection, but they have more than enough, especially CosRX, a brand which I can’t find on Amazon.

Tl;dr version - I’m want to spend a fortune on Korean skincare, and do, but maybe I don’t need to spend quite as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment