Saturday 3 February 2018

Mediheal Tea Tree Healing Masks

I full on love these sheet masks. 

I only have one left, and even though I already have a fair few of the Tony Moly I'm Real ones left, as well as a box of the orange mediheal masks in my cupboard, I'm very tempted to repurchase sooner rather than later. 

I have been using these masks twice a week for 4 weeks. Before, I was suffering from hormonal cystic acne along my jaw line, which was very uncomfortable and really affecting my confidence. I was wearing multiple foundations to try and cover it, but because they were so deep under my skin, attempting to cover it up didn't seem to work. I know I was maybe too sensitive, and that others probably didn't think twice to look at me, but it was painful so I could never forget that it was there. I knew that tea tree was supposed to be good for acne, and had liked the Tony Moly one. I'd heard a lot of good things about Mediheal, so when I found these masks on amazon, I thought I'd give them a try. 

The packaging says:
Components that help problem skin with much oil secretion such as Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, Pinus Palustris Leaf extract and Portulaca Oleracea extract will soothe your irritated skin and let you feel refreshed without any stickiness after using it. Use of the cellulose mask sheet with silky touch fitting even your fine wrinkles aids intensive care and delivers the efficacy of the high-concentrated essence more mildly. 

I'm not really sure what they are getting at with half of that, but I can attest to it soothing my irritated skin and not being sticky at least. 

I used this at night after a shower. I would double cleanse with Simple Cleansing Oil and Garnier Natural Aloe Gel Face Wash and exfoliate with the Neogen Bio Peel Wine Gauze Pads in the shower. After toning with the Face Shop Rice Ceramide Toner, I would then apply the sheet mask, keeping it on for around 20 mins, or until it had started to dry out a little. I'd then tap in the essence, pretending to know what I'm doing, but really just copying what the beauty gurus do, and follow up with the Nature Republic Snail essence, Simple Eye Cream and Olay Regenerist Night Cream. 

The masks are nicely saturated with the serum, and I always found there to be a fair amount of excess left in the packaging. I'd use this an an extra essence step in my day to day routine, morning and night, concentrating it on my jawline, and it would normally last me until my next mask. The masks themselves fit really nicely, and are by far the best fitting sheet masks of the ones I've tried. They don't crease, the eye holes are in the right place, nor do they slide off your face. They aren't as thick as the Tony Moly ones, and don't have the annoying paper of the My Beauty Diary masks. 

Straight away, I noticed my skin feeling plumper and more hydrated. Fair enough, that's what sheet masks are supposed to do, and I'd never used them more than once a week before. However, what's really surprised me is how much better my hormonal acne has been since I started using these masks. Now don't get excited, my skin is still far from perfect, but it is significantly less painful, and the frequency and amount of break outs has definitely decreased. I think my skin issues are hyper pigmentation from previous blemishes now for the most part. Sure, I still break out, but it just doesn't seem as bad as before, not as cystic. My skin itself also feels and looks much better too. 

I don't know how much I can chalk this solely down to these masks. I've been drinking at least two litres of red bush tea a day, which might have helped the general hydration of my skin. I've also been using the Neogen pads for around the same amount of time, and the Nature Republic essence for a month or so longer, both of which are supposed to be good for acne prone skin. However, I still really highly rate these masks - I've genuinely loved bringing them into my routine and will definitely repurchase. 

You can find them easily on amazon for around £15 for a box of 10, and both these green ones and the orange ones came really quickly. Normally Korean cosmetics can take months because they are shipped from Korea, so just be aware and look for a  U.K. based seller.  

Mediheal do a whole host of options, but I'll see how I get on with the Vitamin C ones before I decide to venture into the others - I've clocked collagen and placenta, and the blue ones with the random letters. I've also heard good things about Leaders, and am tempted to try the Nature Republic ones seeing as I've liked their essence so much. 

We'll see, I can't really afford to fill my house with Korean skincare ... as much as I would love to ....

No comments:

Post a Comment