Monday 19 March 2018

Traffic

A little over a week ago, I posted about my favourite Korean drama series. For some reason, that post has nearly 10 times as many views as I normally get on my posts in that time. I cannot figure out why, or even where these views have come from, as my traffic stats don’t really reflect the numbers. I can tell that they all seem to be from Poland though, most likely on windows using Firefox.

Weird.

In the past, these sorts of numbers are usually followed by incessant spam comments and a trail of where the views are coming from, but there is none of this here. To be honest, I don’t know how the system works. It could be one guy with an internet connection problem who just keeps refreshing the page for all I know.

I do enjoy looking up my stats. It’s just interesting to see where people are from and how they find these posts. As I don’t write this blog for an audience, I don’t advertise it or even label it correctly, so the fact that anyone can come across my ramblings is impressive, let alone nearly 50,000 people. I have a couple of friends who blog much more professionally than I do, I’d love to know how many views they tend to get.

I think my sister should do a mummy slash gardening blog. It’s all about mummy blogs these days, and the gardening side would be a good niche. You get sent free stuff left right and centre when you are a mummy blogger, and you only have to stick up a post twice a week or so. I’ve even checked out domains. I’d do it myself but I’m not a mum and there are thousands of sewy/crafty mummy blogs out there already.

In other news, I brought my cat a three level scratching post today. It’s basically a climbing frame for cats, and I’m only now realising that the reason I had a climbing frame as a kid is probably the same reason as why I got one for my cat - to stop me from being annoying, to make me use up energy, and to keep me out of the way. Anyway, she loves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment