Tuesday 28 February 2012

Memorable Quotes

Sometimes, you'll hear a phrase that particularly strikes a chord with you, and it will stick with you forever. I have a small collection of these phrases or quotes, mostly from films, but a few from family and friends. A lot of them are obvious, namely from such films that I have watched a million times or mean something significant to me. But today, we went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, and I heard a phrase that I liked instantly, even though the film, while well made and enjoyable, means little to me now and I doubt will mean any more in the future.

Everything will be alright in the end. If its not alright, then its not the end.

How true is that? On the one hand, its very positive and optimistic, reflecting on how people will always keep going until everything is better, one way or the other. However, I can't help but wonder what your supposed to do when everything is alight. Surely that means its the end.

In  my head, as I was composing this post mentally in the shower, I had a lot more to write. I think I'll just leave you with a quote of my Grandfather's, based around the town names of the Isle of Wight. It is clever as well as informative.

If you get SANDOWN YARMOUTH, DRINKWATER or NEWPORT whilst you RYDE on the backs of COWES.

A very witty yet practical man.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment