Saturday 4 February 2012

YesStyle Haul

I've always wanted to make a 'Haul' video or post, but never actually done it. Its probably just because so many of the beauty or fashion gurus on YouTube do it, but they probably buy a lot more stuff a lot more frequently than I do. The only time I ever buy enough to be worthy of the title of 'Haul' is when I shop on YesStyle, an Asian fashion website that I adore. So here goes.

PG BEAUTY BOW BAG

I have adored this bag ever since the first time I saw it, so naturally, I brought it when I first saw it. Then I went out for a Kpop night and put two pairs of shoes in it, which I should not have done. Its still perfectly usable and strong, just not so pretty any more as the top material split under the strain. But I love it so much that I brought another one. Its not expensive at less than £15, and it has plenty of pockets and an internal zip. Do you know how hard that is to find these days?

MOONBASA BUTTON BAG
This was brought for Linzi. I found it when I was browsing and thought it looked pretty and Inki-ish so asked if she wanted it. I'm glad I did, as its unavailable now. The colour wasn't anything like the picture, more of a light golden mushroom-y colour ( I have no idea how else to describe it) rather than the white depicted, but that's not a bad thing, just a pleasant surprise.


MELISSA BELT
Before Christmas I brought a red and beige striped dress that came with a slim tan belt. Not entirely sure it was supposed to, but I got one with it anyway. Put on the whole ensemble, and was quite content, and wore it for New Years. Then I watched myself back on the xbox and realised that the slim belt did nothing for me, and I resembled a circus tent far more than I had realised. So I brought this belt to go with that dress. It's a little like an obi belt, and I like it, even if I will have to hammer in some more belt holes.

KIWI SHOP SCOOP NECK TOP
I got this in blue. I really liked it in the pictures, but too many times have I brought things like this only to find that the look nothing like what I was expecting, so I was a little cautious when ordering. However, I like it much more than I thought I would. the sleeve and hem length are good and long, and its baggy enough around my tummy not to make me look like a hippo and yet still hint at my shape. Its quite girl-next-door-ish, cute but comfy and casual, and you could wear it with jeans, leggings, shorts or even a skirt, so its quite versatile. I'm really happy with it. I guess there is a reason why its been consistently one of the best sellers on the site.

TOKYO FASHION KNIT TOP AND SLIP DRESS
How cute is this? Its basically a jumper with a slip underneath, and the pattern is all Alice in Wonderland with clocks and rabbits and the queen of hearts. I don't normally go for colours like this, a deep purplish red, I'm much more of a cool colour person these days, greys and blues especially, so this is quite different and will stand out in my wardrobe. I like it because its warm and comfy, so you can wear it casually with jeans etc, but the skirt gives it a touch more femininity. The sleeves aren't as long as the picture makes out, but I don't really expect them to be, and its not like they are too short. Tokyo Fashion is probably my favourite brand on YesStyle, its like they know what I find irresistible.

ORANGEBEAR PLEATED SKIRT
This is one thing that wasn't exactly how I expected. Firstly, its clearly not pleated, despite the description, and secondly, its a lot more ... wooly. Its like brushed wool, quite thick and fleecey, making it a skirt I can pretty much only wear in the winter, which is a little disappointing. I do like the shape of it and its not too short (which a lot of Asian fashion can be), and balanced with black opaque tights, I think it will be fine.

TOKYO FASHION LAYERED SKORT
I first saw this and thought it was really cute, but even though it was on the new arrivals page, it said it had been removed. I was sad. Then it came back and I was happy. I noticed the sizes were on the small size, but after looking at the pictured in detail, I decided that I had a chance to fit them due to the elasticated waist. I did not. Damn my hips. I still think they are super cute though, and will rip them apart to re sew them so that they fit me. Its a skort, so it looks like a skirt but is actually a pair of shorts, which I think is an amazing idea. I'm really liking the idea of skorts and cullottes at the moment. All the benefits of a skirt but less potential embarrassment from wind or perverts.*

So that's it. I know I was supposed to include my own pictures (what gave it away? The fact that I'm not as cute as those girls or that I'm a different ethnicity?) but I'm not feeling particularly photogenic today and felt like an idiot when I tried. My versions just included a lot of lens flare from the flash and very white legs.

<3 x

*skirts that aren't actually skirts do confuse boys a lot though, which is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment