Monday 7 May 2018

Bank Holiday

I kind of had in my head that I would aim to post at least every other day this month. I didn’t post yesterday, which means that I should post today. But about what?!

It’s been a bank holiday weekend this weekend, and the weather has been stunning. We took full advantage and I have spent much of the weekend with my parents out and about doing the typical sunny day British family thing.

In case you didn’t know, the typical sunny day British family thing is going to a National Trust property or walking around either a wood, lake or some form of hill or small mountain. We did both. As in went to a national trust property and walked around a wood, not that we also claimed a small mountain - although my dad did seem to be suggesting that at one point.

It was lovely, although bordering on too hot. The problem is that here in the UK, I don’t feel comfortable wearing my abroad holiday clothes no matter how hot it gets. I have no idea why, but something about wearing shorts (if they fit me, which I’m pretty sure they don’t) just doesn’t seem appropriate here.

In all fairness, if I lost some weight and was happier with my body, I probably wouldn’t care so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment