Sunday 6 May 2018

Secret Shame

Yesterday, I was in bed for 10.30 and settled down to watch the remaining half of episode 2 of Six Flying Dragons. I was asleep by 11, and don’t really remember watching any of it. This may or may not have been due to a major sugar low.

Let me set the scene.

Saturday last week, my friends and I were in Tesco buying birthday gumph for another friend when we walked passed the Krispy Kreme cabinet. I suggested we buy some, we decided against it, we moved on. Every day since then, I have thought about Krispy Kreme doughnuts. On the way home every afternoon from Monday through to Thursday, I was half way to Tesco before I thought better of it and resisted. Then Miffy messaged me about the Krispy Kreme doughnuts someone had brought into her work, and all resolve was lost. Especially after a class of wine at the pub.

I went to Tesco, and made it all the way there.

It was late so the choices weren’t fantastic. No prepackaged variety packs, it was help yourself.

I could have got one. I did not. I could have got three. I did not.

I got six.

And then I went home and ate them all.

Two classic glazed rings, can’t go wrong. Strawberry and Kreme, surprisingly good. Salted caramel, divine.  Lotus biscoff, disappointing. Classic glazed jam, can’t complain.

I would for sure have the salted caramel and the strawberry and Kreme again, as well as the classic glazed rings, obviously. The biscoff I wouldn’t bother with, I just didn’t like the custard and the doughnut itself wasn’t squidgy enough. The glazed jam one was nice enough but just oozed everywhere, so a bit too jam heavy and full on dangerous to eat.

In my defence, I didn’t eat them all. I left about a quarter of the biscoff one. Agi enjoyed the custard. Then I emptied the bin to hide the evidence from my visiting parents. Fat load of good that did when my mum reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment