Tuesday 1 May 2018

*whispers* SHINee’s back

I started watching Six Flying Dragons. I currently have no idea what the hell is going on.

In other news, I found out two interesting things today. Firstly, that Henry is at the end if his 10 year contract with SM and has decided not to renew. This is no surprise really, he’s been quite vocal with how difficult he has found the company in recent years, but it does make me sad. I worry about what will happen with Super Junior M. I’ll also be sad to see his influence gone in other SM artists work too. But I hope it works out for him and he can have the freedom that SM never afforded.

It does seem like SM are loosing a lot of their talent lately. Obviously not counting the law suits, but first half of SNSD didn’t re-sign, and I’ll bet that f(x) are coming up for renewal soon and I’ll be super surprised if Amber at least doesn’t leave - judging by her recent YouTube career building and solo releases. Super Junior all re-signed, so it looks like they are all here to stay, and TVXQ probably are too. Hopefully SHINee are as well, but I can’t find anything solid about their contract situation, only that they are coming up to their 10 year anniversary.

In celebration of this, SM announced that SHINee would be making a comeback. I’m both really sad and super happy about this. Sad because a comeback minus one member is heartbreaking, but happy because they are and always have been one of my most favourite bands and I will always be excited about their new releases. The members all seem to be keeping busy, except Jinki, I’ve not really heard anything from him other than speculation that he wrote the 10th anniversary comeback advert.

I still feel my eyes prickle when I see the 5 of them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment