Sunday 20 May 2018

Korean Skincare Haul and First Impressions

At the start of April, I decided to use my Yesstyle account again for the first time in about 6 years. Having brought much of my current korean skin care collection on amazon, I was now finding that it was not only expensive, but also difficult to find all the products I wanted to try out. Yesstyle solved both of these issues, along with free shipping for orders over only $35, although the wait time was longer. However, I decided it was worth it and placed a small order, deciding that buying little and often was more efficient than buying everything all at once. I then placed another order at the start if this month, using the $10 off voucher from my first order and timing it with their upgrade to silver membership offer, which will afford me another $15 off and 6% off everything for my next order. The whole system is a little confusing, but anyway, here are the products I brought and my thoughts. 

Heimish All Clean Balm - $16.65
I’ve tried this a few times now, and the jury is still out. I’ve not used a balm cleaner before, but it melts in your hands to a standard oil cleanser consistency so wasn’t that confusing to use. It smells much stronger than I expected, but it’s a nice, clean, medicinal tea tree type of scent. It seems to do a good enough job of cleansing, but no better than my current oil cleanser, and it does seem to leave my vision cloudier than normal. I do like it, but I think that’s more because of the novelty of a new type of product. For the most part, the Simple one would still be my go to oil cleanser, because it’s cheaper (especially when it was on offer for £2, how I wish I’d brought 60 rather than just 6) and more easily accessible. 

Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop - $18.96
I’ve been using this every evening, and I do think my skin has started to look brighter. The consistency is different to what I was expecting, it’s much more of a lightweight oil than the serum or essence texture I had imagined. This does mean that it takes a little longer to absorb into the skin, and the first night I was a little worried that I would remain slick faced until I washed it off, but my skin soaked it up nicely. The dropper was fun to use, and I experienced no tingling, warming or irritation. I know you have to be careful with mixing ingredients with vitamin C, so I don’t use it when I have used my neogen bio peel pads, and while I’m currently only using it in the evenings, when I build up to using it in the day, I’ll make sure to use a sunscreen as Vitamin C can make you a little more sensitive to sun damage.

CosRX AHA BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner - $13.54
I haven’t really given this much of a go yet as I was far more focused on the klairs vitamin drop and far too scared to mix vitamin c with these acids, but the couple of times I have tried it, I’ve mostly thought how awesome is is to have a toner in mist form. I still class myself a fairly new to toners full stop, and alternate between using pads and my hands to pat the product in. Misting seems to make so much more sense than either of these options, as well as saving money and waste on cotton pads, so next time I buy a toner, I’m going to look for a mist one. I’m currently eyeing up the Pyunkang Yul one as a non acid toner, but research has also told me that I should be able to use this toner with the klairs drop as I don’t have sensitive skin and they are of a similar ph, so maybe I’ll start giving it a go in the mornings. 

CosRX Pimple Master Patch - $3.45
These are A M A Z I N G. Luckily, or not, depending on how you see it, I had a pretty big cystic break out on my chin right as these arrived. I popped one of these on, and while it wasn’t invisible, it wasn’t obvious either and I felt comfortable enough to go out with it on. Within a day, it had brought all the gunk to the surface, which normally takes multiple days if not over a week. My breakout was also much less painful as the swelling went down so much quicker. Definitely would repurchase, and will definitely use them every time I break out. 

Face Liftimg Roller - $4.25
This was a bit of an impulse buy because I was feeling fat faced at the time. The reviews were good , but I think you’d have to use this consistently for like half an hour every day or something to actually be able to judge it’s effectiveness. So far, all I can tell you is that it bemuses my cat and makes her swipe at it, which isn’t ideal when it is in such close contact to my face. 

Etude House Collagen Eye Mask - Free
I haven’t used this yet so I can’t comment on it at all, but I guess the packaging looks cute?!


This has turned out to be quite a long post, and this is only the first order. I think I’ll have to do another haul post tomorrow or something! Overall, I’ve liked everything I brought so far, but time will tell how many of these products I will repurchase when these ones have run out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment