Sunday 11 August 2013

Magic

Something happened today. 

I was working on my sisters wedding dress in my work room. My dad comes in to ask if I wanted a cup of tea, and then starts looking at the dress. He asks a few questions, tells me I have done well, and then hurries out of the door because by his own admission, he is getting quite emotional. 

I called him back and when I saw his red eyes, I hugged him. I told him it was the probably the lovliest thing he has ever done. That sort of reaction from my father is unheard of. Normally, he has an unfortunate knack of killing a buzz, not creating it. I don't think I've ever felt that he was proud of me, that I have ever done anything that pleased him. 

I cried. I've been crying a lot lately anyway. It's just nice to be doing it for a god reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment