Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Hen Do

To the rock on the motorway that decided to smash into my windscreen ... FUCK YOU. 

In other news, the hen do was amazing. 

So I got to my sisters at about 3, and we pissed around for a bit before starting to make fajitas for when hen #3 and token gay #4 arrived. We all had a lovely dinner, and they started on the red. 3 bottles later, hen #5 turned up. 2 bottles after that, which by that point had worked its way from red to white, we all staggered to bed, not looking forward to waking up nice and early with a hangover. 

But wake up we did, and after breakfast, copious amounts of caffeine, and a sandwich production line, we headed to the zorbing place and met up with hens #6-18.

Oh my god. So amazing. Everyone needs to do it. It is so much fun. It wasnt even scary in the lead up, it was just exciting. I did a hydro ride, which is where you are loose in the ball with a load of warm water getting rolled down the hill. You get soaked. For the first half, it's like being on a slide, but then we started to turn so that we were going backwards, which unstabled us so that we went head over heels and water went everywhere. Handy hint, bring spare EVERYTHING. Best part, we had a camera as part of the hen do deal, so we have a video :). Maybe I'll put it up on YouTube. 

Then, we headed to the beach for our picnic. We sat down to almost clear skies. As soon as everything was laid out, the rain started and did not stop. Typical. Luckily we found a tree in a bear by park and managed up finish under that. Then an outdoors sealife centre in the rain. You can imagine how we hydro zorbers never really got dry. 

We headed back to my sisters, and after showers and more wine, this time accompanied with chocolate, we got ready and headed out the meal. It was a small, local Italian place, and after 3 courses and I think about 7 bottles of wine (6 of them consumed by one half of the table) we had written on the tables and had a lock in to dance with the waiters. I'm not going to lie, everything is a little rushed in my memory, but there were hen party songs, my bag is filled with mint imperials, and I'm fairly certain we had sex chats when we got in. 

Sunday consisted off everyone being hungover and watching loads of don't tell the bride while the hens slowly headed home. That was when I noticed the fuck off huge crack in my windscreen. Just as I was about to head home.

A sucky end to an amazing weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment