Tuesday 3 September 2013

I hate cars

I fell asleep before I could post again last night. I did the whole lying down to watch Love Rain. That never means I finish an episode.

So I went on a speed awareness course yesterday. The course was fine. The lead up to it was a nightmare. 

On the letter, it said parking is available at the hotel, so I drove to the hotel. At the hotel, a sign says parking is £7, so I thought fuck that, and drove straight back out again. Luckily, I had left myself some time, so I went to a nearby multistory. I parked on the first level, before I remembered that it used to be a get a ticket at the entrance and pay at the exit type of car park, and I hadn't got a ticket. The Mr Bean sketch going through my head, I looked at other cars around me, all with disabled cards in the windows. There were no signs but the floor was blue, and fearing I was running out of time, I jumped back in my car and headed up a level, scraping the back of my car along a pillar as I did so. I parked, saw a pay and display sign and a ticket machine. Worked out how much it was, which was nearly all of my cash, and paid it. Headed back to my car when I noticed the ticket said 5.45, and I had miscalculated in my rush. I brought another ticket on my credit card, which took forever, and by the end of it, parking had cost me nearly £10. With minutes to spare, I legged it back to the hotel, arriving puffed out and in a bit of a state.

Then, at the end, they said we didn't need to pay the parking at the hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment