Friday 28 June 2013

Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream

Long story short, I have yet to try a western BB cream I do like, and an Asian BB cream I don't like. I tried both the Skin79 VIP Gold and the Missha Perfect cover and loved them both, and a brand endorsed by a lot of Korean celebrities, I had high hopes for the Etude House Precious Mineral BB cream.

So, firstly, a little about the product. I got the cotton fit, which I have only just found out is a relatively new addition to the Precious Mineral BB cream family. I think it is supposed to give a matte, powder finish as opposed to a dewy finish that I have heard associated with Etude House in the past. It has a pump applicator, which is always good and hygienic. I got No.2, light beige. It is SPF 30, and has anti whitening, anti wrinkle and anti darkening. The back of the packaging kindly informs me 'BRIGHTENING OK! DARKENING ZERO!' as the only English in a sea of Korean. There are no instructions telling me to apply in proper quantity to the area of my face.

First impressions, it has a hint of pink to it, and a powdery finish. It was a nice consistency, felt natural on my skin, and blended out well so that a little went a long way. It concealed my dark circles well without concealer, and the matte powder finish meant I didn't feel the need to set with powder afterwards. In general, it felt really comfortable and I was happy with the way it looked ... until I went too close to a mirror in unforgiving shop lighting.

On certain parts of my face, especially on my nose and around my eyebrows, there was a definite settling of product which made these areas look really powdery. I think I neglected to moisturize before I put the BB cream on, and so I suspect it was sticking to dry patches.

So, in response to this, I haven't used this cream again, and won't until I know my skin is in a more moisturised state. For what it's worth, I think it's a great idea, a liquid application to powder finish, but for me, I need to work on balancing my skin before I can use it without worry of a too powdery finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment