Wednesday 12 June 2013

Shopping

Oops, I forgot to post last night.

So shopping was good, if not very painful. My feet were so swollen by the end of it and I'm pretty sure I spent the whole time walking like an idiot. But I managed to get everything I needed ... eventually. 

Aprons were super hard to find. All I needed was a plain, cream canvas style apron. I had done my research before I went out and loads of shops had exactly what I wanted online. But did the real stores? No. They were all butcher aprons or flowery crap. Luckily Hobbycraft pulled out some from the stock room for me, so that was amazing. 

I also ended up doing a lot of procrastination shopping, spending £52 in Dorothy Perkins on new tops and some black jeggings, and £6.50 on mini Yankee candles and a tea light holder. I'm actually pretty impressed with my candles. They were the sampler size, and less than £2 each, as opposed to the small jar which was about £9 and probably didn't burn much longer. I got three scents, 2 fruity ones and a cotton one, as well as a £1 tea light holder. 

A few months ago, Eatyourkimchi did a video on bubble tea. Ever since then I wanted to try it, mostly because it's Asian and I like Asian things, but also because the idea intrigued me. So when I found a bubble tea stall, I dragged Elle over. We had to ask for help because it involves a lot of choices, but I got mango with black tea and passion fruit bubbles and Elle got peach with green tea and passion fruit bubbles. It was basically juice with juice filled blobs in. Elle thought it was like frogspawn and freaked out a little. I thought it was amazing. 

Then we got pretzels. 

Then we got our free pizza, and ate cake while watching memoirs of a geisha. 

It was a good day ... but now I have 7 hours until I go to London and a lot to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment