Friday 28 June 2013

Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream

A few months ago, you may remember me posting about how I had run out of my Skin79 BB cream. I loved this stuff, but being an asian brand, it wasn't readily available in the UK. So, as a replacement, I settled for a western version, the Garnier Miracle BB cream. I was not impressed.

In response to this, my mother brought me the Missha Perfect Cover and the Etude House Precious Mineral BB creams for my birthday. They were due to arrive in July. They actually arrived on my birthday.

So the first one I tried was the Missha Perfect Cover.  I think it was the first BB cream I ever heard about, probably from Bubzbeauty, and has always been one of the main brands people talk about in BB terms, along with Skin79. I got No.21, which is light beige. It's SPF 42, which is pretty high for a make up product.

My first impression was that it was a lot thicker than the Garnier cream, as well as more of a neutral tone, both of which were huge plus points for me. It blended well, and had good coverage as it neutralised my dark circles enough without concealer, and I didn't feel the need to set with powder although it wasn't a matte finish.. It didn't feel too heavy, and I wasn't aware of the 'lots of product on my skin' sensation you can get with other products. It has a pump applicator as well, which is nice. No amusing english translations though, so that's a shame.

I'm really unsure about whether to include the photo I took, because I look so bog eyed in it. My face is wonky too, but that's just my face. Note to self, look past the camera when doing close up selfies. Maybe I'll take another photo next time I put it on and there is good lighting, and add it in with an edit.

In general, I was really pleased with it. I was concerned that it wouldn't be a good colour match after testing on my hand, but it blends out really well and seems to match my face tone really well. Since trying this out for the first time nearly 2 weeks ago, and with the options of this, the Etude House and Garnier to choose from, this BB cream has been the one I have used most frequently. It's just a shame it takes weeks to arrive, even if it is about the same price with shipping from Hong Kong included as many western brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment