Tuesday 19 February 2013

Accountant

I woke up this morning at the normal time I wake up on a Monday morning ... the only difference was that today, it wasn't an alarm that wakened me as I didn't have to go to school. So that was weird.

Anyway, I stubbornly stayed in bed until about half 10, until I could no longer bear the pain of my bleeding uterus (what, why would I sugar coat it? Periods suck.) and helped my mum pack up the latest lot of eBay sales. They've definitley calmed down somewhat, probably because this is all stuff that has been up almost continuously for the past month and a half, but still. I'm still selling at least half a dozen items each time, if not more. I'm starting to worry eBay might get on my back soon about selling so much.

So, for some reason, I decided to account for all of my income and expenditure since the new year. I started on word, with a table, and then I thought 'no, I will do this professionally' and opened up excel for probably the first time since I was 11. A quick google later, and I started filling it in.

Now, I have sheets for every method in which I make or spend money, including a summary page with my net earnings. If I keep it up as I go, filling it in and filing receipts in my swanky file case, it should be pretty easy to keep track of everything. I'm proud of myself, it's awesome.

January was a surprisingly good month. February, so far, seems expensive. Probably because January got me out of the shit and then I had to start paying things like loan repayments and rent again. Sigh.

Also because February is a short month, half term, and I've been doing a lot of travelling, but still.

No comments:

Post a Comment