Saturday 9 February 2013

Mock Up

So, today I pretty much ran out of time. My sister was coming home this weekend to go fabric shopping for her wedding dress, which meant that before she arrived, I should have really finished the toile for a fitting.

Toiles aren't exciting. They're just to make sure that what technically should be right fits properly. So they're not hard to knock out, nor do they take long, it was literally that I had left it to the last minute. What with eBay stuff, feeling poorly, going to London and then my grandmother, I had left myself less than 6 hours to toile the bridal dress as well as the bridesmaids, allowing at least an hour of that for lunch and Neighbours.

So that was my day. Sewing boring lines in ugly, boring fabric to make mock ups of dresses that aren't even recognisable yet.

The biggest problem was sewing is you have a lot of time to think. I thought too much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment