Thursday 14 February 2013

Lemon

It's Valentines day tomorrow.

I've never had a Valentines day before ... well, not one where I'm seeing a boy at any rate. Not that it makes any difference.

To be honest, as much as all the fuss is kind of annoying anyway, and always has been, I just can't help thinking in the shadowy but girly corner of my mind that likes things like chick flicks, that flowers, chocolates and being spoiled rotten would be kind of nice. Not that I'm not looking forward to what we do have planned, its just that its the same as every night. Pizza, DVD's and ... um ... other stuff.

I was just doing my normal pre-seeing-him beauty routine, and in amongst the feeling clean and fresh and happy, I also felt the usual annoyance that guys don't have to go through any of this. Shaving, make up, styling, sexy underwear ... none of it is easy, quick, or particularly comfortable. They don't have to shave or put on make up, and their underwear is ridiculously comfortable. It's not fair.

Urgh why am I so bitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment