Thursday 4 April 2013

Host

This blog has now surpassed 20 000 views ... that is ridiculous, and mostly due to the continuing spamming of the Tokyo Dogs post.

I had a nice comment on it yesterday.

'Amazing issues here. I'm very happy to peer your article. Thanks a lot and I'm having a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?'

My favourite part is the touching bit. If someone comes up to me in the future and just touches me, I'll know they read this blog. Not that they'll know what I look like. So I guess its more if I ever see anyone going around touching people for no apparent reason, I know that they are looking for me.

Went to see The Host today. It was actually really good, a lot better than I was expecting. I welled up multiple times, and we all know how I judge things by how they make me feel. It was quite close to the book, but a few differences really niggled me, like how Wanderer found out about Jamie first, rather than Melanie keeping him secret, and how they changed the dad to having killed himself rather than being caught and leading the seekers right to them. I don't know, I guess they had their reasons, I just felt that those were important character points. Like Melanie trying to hide all knowledge of Jamie showed how protective she was of him, and how they would have been doubly mistrustful of Souls after seeing their own father betray them.

There are a lot of films coming out soon that I really want to see ... we seem to have a bit of a sci fi surge heading our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment