Saturday 27 April 2013

Why so Serious

SHINee released a new music video. Its the title song from the Dream Girl repackage.

Now you guys know I adore SHINee. But ... I'm not sure how I feel about this song.


First thing to note ... there are 5 members of SHINee. Onew as leader, Jonghyun is lead vocals, Key is generally a bit of everything, rapper Minho and Taemin the dancer. You may notice someone is missing.

Jonghyun was in a car accident in the beginning of the month, because he is korean and koreans seem to have a lot of car accidents. So, they filmed this video and I expect plan to promote this song without him while he recovers. I get it, he needs to get better, but still, it felt weird without him, even if he is my least favourite member. Not that Taemin didn't do an excellent job filling in for him. That boy is growing up so fast.

Secondly, to me, on first listen, its not a particularly easily sing-a-long-able song. It doesn't have that hook you can keep repeating to yourself, and the rest of the track just seems a little mismatched.I try singing the chorus and it always turns into Sherlock.

I haven't listened to the rest of the repackage yet, and don't get me wrong, I still love the song, I just have a feeling it will be easily forgettable in comparison to their other tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment