Wednesday 3 July 2013

Dampened

An hour and a half ago, I was watching the clock until I could post. Then somehow the Internet distracted me for an hour longer than I had planned. So much for an early night so I can wake up earlier.

My meeting went well today. In fact, I was really happy and excited for about 30 seconds, until I told my father and he put a major dampener on the whole thing. Basically, this new deal requires my student to come work with me in my work room, and he seemed really put out by it, as if it would be a huge imposition on him. Which I could understand if we would be doing our work in the house, between him and his laptop. But we're not. It'll be in my work room, my personal space which you don't even have to go through the house to get to. 

It's all sorted now, but I still looked into hiring out a space. A this stage, it would cost me more in rent than I earn. So I'm stuck here for now. 

On the plus side. I found a house. A Victorian town house with a gazillion bedrooms. It'll need a tonne of renovations, but Elle wants a project (too much Kirsty and Phil, I think), and we could let out at least 4 bedrooms with basically a whole floor for my work room.

I'm a little scared its haunted though, at that price.  

No comments:

Post a Comment