Saturday 20 July 2013

Signs

I have been scared for my life twice while driving.

One was about 4 years ago in Bristol, when I was happily driving along down a gentle hill when I went around a corner only to be confronted with a queue of traffic stopped at lights just metres away. I slammed on my breaks and all was well, but there had been no warning signs of traffic lights on a country down sloping road, right after a bend. I bet more than a few crashes have happened, and I'm so thankful that I wasn't one of them.

The second was today. Driving down a country road (country roads are apparently lethal) when I turn a bend ( bends too, clearly) and suddenly there is a junction in front of me that wasn't on my sat nav, with cars rolling along at at least 50. Once again, I slam on my breaks and thank all the deities that I didn't plow into the traffic. Only then, right at the junction when it's too late or just ironic, are the give way and T junction signs visible.

My point? Dangerous things should be better sign posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment