Tuesday 23 July 2013

A world without Internet

I made a veil today. It was surprisingly easy. 

I'd done some research online, which made the whole thing considerably easier. Such as figuring out how much to gather to the comb, and how to cord the edge, so that I didn't have to mess around with trying, and could just do it. 

Made me think, how did people do this sort of stuff before the Internet? It must have taken someone ages to figure out how to do something they hadn't done before. True, something like a veil is pretty straight forward, but I could have messed around with just the cord widths for weeks before I found something that was the right size. Trail and error on the gathering, wasting metres of thread and tulle. Instead, I did the whole thing in just a couple of hours. Aces.

This sort of thing is why I set up the new blog. So I could do tips and tutorials. Even diaries of costumes made for shoots. I need to get around to starting that up, try and boost my online professional presence. I even contemplated online sewing courses. Along with the bridal stuff, obviously.

This is all stuff that needs to go on the back burners for a while. At least until I can afford a day off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment