Sunday 14 August 2011

In which I babble for ages, before touching briefly on serious business.

The dates of this months BEDA are so messed up. Obviously it has nothing to do with the fact that I keep posting late, and that I'm one post behind anyway.

So today was a little weird.

Firstly, I did my last Saturday at the office until mid November. Harry, my boss, was super thrilled for me about getting the BBC job, but it was weird thinking I wouldn't be going in to earn my rent money once a week for a few months. I'm so lucky with that job. Nowhere else would an employer so support me in another career, and be so generous as to give me as much time off as I want.

Then, after lunch - hungry week destroys my diet - I went wedding dress shopping with Robinson and her mother. From the start, she has been quite adamant that she doesn't like lace, doesn't like organza or net, doesn't like too much detail or decoration, and doesn't want straps or a train. Which is fine, until we made her try on an organza dress with lace decoration, and she liked it. Its just proof that you need to try on everything before you can really know what you like. After all, its the most expensive dress you are ever likely to buy, so you have to get it right. She did look stunning though. I really hope she chooses that one over the other one she liked when we last went dress shopping.

Also, while we were there and the attendant was busy, I managed to take some sneaky pictures of the inspiration for Rachey's wedding dress.

Then I came home, and started work. Not long after I had started, it was time for dinner, and then the production designer of my current project rang to check how I was doing/have a moan. By the time I could get back to work, it was already like 10 pm, and I thought screw it, I'll finish this and then give up for the night.

So that's what I did. The reason why you get this post so late is because my computer decided to play silly beggars, but all is well now.

What else can I tell you? I've been watching the Super Junior Comeback stuff pretty much constantly, and have got pretty hooked on 'Superman'. I'm pretty sure Ryeowook says 'super horny' at one point.

.... I looked it up. It's 'super holic'. Can't say I'm not a little disappointed.

Having seen the translation for the first time, I'm actually pretty moved. I just thought it was a song about Superman, and an excuse for them all to look serious and sexy. But its actually a song about how much they want to be there for their fans. That's lovely.

Speaking of Super Junior - come on, you know by now that I'm a hopeless fangirl and get carried away - in one of their new songs, 'Feels Good', I'm pretty sure it goes 'Feels good, feels good ... for a girl.' I laugh every time. It's like they are saying boys feel better ... but this is SuJu we are talking about. They aren't exactly known for being afraid of showing how close they all are.

Awww, I love them.

<3 x


Oh wait. I was going to blog about the riots today. They've all calmed down now, but having stayed away from the news footage of it - if the media hadn't fuelled the fire of the London Riots, they wouldn't have spread - I only today really found out much about it. Three young men were killed by rioters here trying to protect their community, which is in itself heartbreaking, but what really moved me were the Sikhs and Muslims protecting each other. A group of Sikh's stood guard outside a mosque during Ramadan's night time services while the riots were going on just metres away.  Muslims reciprocated by watching over a Sikh temple during their prayers. They even worked to deter any looters or vandals from damaging nearby churches and other places of worship. If this isn't proof of humanity overcoming a common evil; that people can put aside their differences in a time of need, then I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment