Monday 22 August 2011

Of Chronicles and Duty

My laptop is playing silly beggars again. It won't let me sign into blogger for some reason, which is super annoying. Yet, somehow, I can still sign in on my iPhone. How does that work?

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I didn't blog again yesterday. It was another really long day. That night, we were joined in our room by another actress and actor, meaning there were 5 of us in a tiny room, with me and two others on the floor. I woke up sooo achey, although at least I slept some that night. I was up again at 5am and on set by 7.30, after a brief detour in our car to a service station to get breakfast and do things you don't feel comfortable doing in a house full of people. We were then shooting until about 7, I left Leeds about 9, and eventually got home at 11.30. Then i had to try and get myself ready for my first day on the drama before collasping into bed. Long day.

My first day on the drama was good but I couldn't help but notice how different it is from what I'm used to. I don't know whether it's because it's a professional shoot, the genre is the shoot being serious, or just because it's the first day, but it's so much more fun on a low budget crew. I think
People are more willing to relax
On a low budget crew, whereas on a abbot of this level, everyone is there to mKe money rather than for the experience. , and so people seem to stick in their own little departments more.

I think it's really sad. One of my favourite things about my job is how quickly you become close to the rest of the crew and cast, but there just doesn't seem to be any overlap.

Having said that, I did spend half my day reading the scripts in the park and the rest in the truck, so I didn't really het to experience what its like on set yet.

Anyway, I hav a 7am call tomorrow, so I should get to bedey byes. Especially s's I'm
Really struggling to keep my eyes open.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment