Saturday 13 August 2011

Hana Kimi

So you guys know about Hana Kimi by now. You know I've watched the original Japanese drama, and have been reading the manga forever. You may also remember that there is also a Taiwanese version (I believe I posted a picture of a hot guy in it). And, if you're super attentive, you may even remember that SM Entertainment, the label of many of my favourite Korean pop groups, have announced that they will be making a version at some point in the future (it's highly likely they'll cast within their own company, with means Super Junior!).

So, basically, there are lots of versions of Hana Kimi out there.

Last night, after I had finished my work for the evening and had got into bed to chill out before I went to sleep, I decided to watch the latest episode of Ouran High School Host Club. I have been watching this series every week as it airs, and so far, I am finding it quite enjoyable. Ridiculously over the top, and not quite as good as the anime, but enjoyable none the less. Also, I think it's filmed in the same place as Mei-chan no Shitsugi.

Anyway, I digress. As I was watching Ouran, I glanced to the side bar at the 'currently airing series' section. There, I saw a name I didn't expect to see. Hana Kimi Remake. Instantly, I thought that SM entertainment had finally filmed and released the Korean version, but I realised too soon that this was not the case. This remake was Japanese.

I don't get it. Why do you need two series of the same name and same plot made in the same country within 3 years of each other? Especially when the first was so well loved? I watched the first episode and to me, it seened like almost a carbon copy of the original. I could understand if they were to follow the manga more, or go in a completely new direction, but as it is now, the characters are just too similiar to the originals that you can't help but compare them all the time. Especially when the original cast are all major actors now.



I mean, come on. The first is the original, and the second is the remake. They're not even trying to make them different.

I feel I should point out, this post is merely a rant about why we need another Hana Kimi. Not once did I say I wouldn't watch it.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment