Saturday 6 August 2011

Of bbq's, networking and flirting

I warn you now, this is an iPhone post.

My sister is home for the weekend. I found out literally half an hour before she was due to arrive, when I had already made plans to go to a barbecue for the evening. Typical. Normally, because I only get to see Jo every couple of months, I try to make a special effort not to go out while she is here. But seeing as I had a prior engagement, I had to stick by it.

Lucky I did, because it ended with me getting the email address of the line producer of a popular BBC's soap opera. So if I don't get the drama job, I have something else to try! It really is about who you know in the media industry, but once you get your name out there, it can only lead to more work, which is awesome.

However, on the other hand, apparently I'm a shameless flirt. I disagree. Just because I like to mess around doesn't mean that I'm flirting. If I was drawing on girls with biro, they wouldn't think I was coming on to them, so why should guys get that impression? I don't even know how to flirt!! The whole idea is ridiculous.

I'm now feeling rather paranoid that every guy I have ever spoken to think that I'm flirting with them.

Anyway, Harry Potter is and the Goblet of Fire is on, so I'm going to watch that.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment