Thursday 4 August 2011

Of Work and Potter

The thing about BEDA is that so often I start writing with no direction. Like, normally, in months beginning with other letters, I'll post for a reason; either because I have something important to share, need to get something off my chest or because I am a 14 year old fangirl stuck in a 23 year old's body. But during BEDA, I post because it's the month where I post every day.

The point of that was to illustrate that I don't know what I want to write about today.

I'm nearly finished with my two week holiday cover at the office. I was a little apprehensive to start with as I have never done this job before without someone coming in to keep me company for at least some, if not the majority, of the time. Therefore, I was concerned about my sanity in a job where I am on my own, where no one calls and where no one comes in. Surprisingly though, these past two weeks have flown by. I suppose I have been keeping myself busy as I have had so much costume making to do, which obviously helped pass the time, but also, I think I am just so much more used to my own company now. I like being on my own. Although it does turn me a bit funny when I get home. If I have spent all my day on my own, I either want to stay on my own, or get such a bad case of verbal diarrhoea that people will most likely want me to be alone.

Potter was good last night. I don't know what I was expecting, but I cried quite a lot and that relieved me so much. I love films that make me cry, and I remember the book making me cry, so I would have been heartbroken if the film didn't have the same effect. It was closer to the book than I expected, I just wish they had made a bigger deal of some parts. I understand why they had to do it, but I couldn't help but think those who had not read the book must have missed out on so much of what was just hinted at. Fred for one, right after Percy had come back, was something that had always stuck out to me in the book, and we never saw this connection in the film. Tonks and Lupin broke my heart in the book, but it was the memory of that heartbreak that made me cry in the film. Hagrid only seemed to make an appearance to be able to say that he was in it, whereas his part was much bigger, although admittedly not huge, in the book. I'm so glad they kept in some key lines (NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!), and the flash forward to their happily ever after worked better in film than it did on paper, although I was surprised the last thing we saw was the words 'the end' rather than the book's 'and all was well'. I didn't think much of Snape's eyeshadow though, and when Voldemort poofed, all I could think was 'Voldemort smoke, don't breathe this' in old school Will It Blend fashion.

Because I am a dork.

<3 x

No comments:

Post a Comment