Saturday 13 January 2018

Kitten Related Insomnia

I forgot to post again last night. Actually, that's a massive lie, I didn't forget at all, I was too tired to be bothered, exasperated by the kitten trying to smother me.

In the week and a bit since I've had Agi, I've shut her in the living room at night, as that is where her litter and food and toys have been during her settling in period. But now she's settled, I've started to move her food and litter out, and allow her more of a free roam of the house. Last night was the turn of seeing how she handled having the run of the house at night time. 

Expectation
Agi snuggles up adorably at the foot of my bed and goes to sleep.

Reality
Agi knocks everything that isn't heavier than a book off both my bedside tables. 
Agi sees her reflection in the mirror and freaks out, puffing herself up and repeatedly tries to run into the wardrobe to confront reflection Agi.
Agi pounces on my feet for half an hour straight.
Agi figures out how to get up on the window still and spends a quiet few minutes looking out of the window. 
Agi attacks my slippers. 
Agi remembers I have hair, so plonks herself behind me and pulls and chews away. 
Agi realises she isn't close enough to my face so lies on it. I push her away, she attacks my hands. I move, she lies on my face. Repeat. For about an hour. 
Agi starts to settle down, she lies in a little ball under my chin in the crook of my arm. She is very warm. I start to think maybe this is it. Then Agi realises she's not close enough to my face again, and so lies on it. I put her outside and shut the door. She meows and I feel bad but I'm asleep before the guilt sets in too much. 

Chuck in quite a lot of plonking her on the floor, and you can pretty much see what happened last night. I think I might keep her out of my bedroom for at least a little while. There was far too much bum in face and little claws for my liking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment