Sunday 21 January 2018

The one

There is always one, isn't there, that one person who can still send you a little bit giddy with an out of the blue text. Someone who can you flirt harmlessly with, someone who will boost your self confidence a little, but will ultimately disappear, but that's ok. Sometimes you get upset or annoyed, but you forget very quickly because you were never in deep enough for it to matter really. It's just nice to be reminded of the past sometimes.

Other out of the blue texts are met with disdain and suspicion, mixed with confusion and curiosity, and those never end as happily because you did get in too deep there and too many feelings got involved.

I was going to go for a walk today, do some more reminiscing, but then it was drizzly, and then it was snowy, and then it was too late. I had planned to watch Phantom of the Opera and/or Lord of the Rings, but ended up watching neither. I was also going to do some washing, which I did actually do, so that's one thing achieved at least. Now I've fallen into that time black hole where you go to bed and somehow it's 3 hours later before you actually get into bed.

One day I'm going to post without editing so you can see what my iPad thinks I'm trying to type.


No comments:

Post a Comment